[debian-knoppix] Good Feedback,

Hi

Later this year, I'm going to be part of a team running a camp for high school
students between the ages of 14 and 17 learning about computers, programming
and other geeky things. We run the camp at a school in a regional town about
an hour outside of Brisbane (Queensland, Australia), where a computer teacher
lets us use his classrooms (and the school lets us pay per-person-per-night
;).

I went out to do a site visit to test if knoppix will run on his systems[1],
so we can use knoppix as a bed for things like Python programming and some
games (some of the leaders are avid netrek[2] players) - without the overhead
of having to install lots of windows software (correctly) in the 12-24 hours
we have before the campers arrive.

Our contact was astounded at the simplicity. The cds booted up, the colours
and the penguin on the boot screen made him 'oooOOOooo' and that the CD
booted straight into X with no configuration made him 'aahhh' - and the
startup sound made 'wow'. He was so impressed he took a copy of it so he can
show it at a computer teachers conference for his regional area he's running
this thursday.

I just wanted to give you guys a thumbs up, you've done a fantastic job with
making linux instantly accessable, thankyou.

Stephen Thorne

[1] 27xCeleron 2ghz with cdrom drives, 24xPIII 800mhz without cdrom drives -
PXE + knoppix-terminalserver worked over PXE :)
[2] http://www.netrek.org