Re: [debian-knoppix] help

Michael Hoeschele wrote:

I just ran a beta version of knoppix on a dell optilex gx260 and everything went fine until I tried to reboot. I logged out and waited until it said to shutdown. But when I removed the cd and tried to reboot I got nothing. I can't even boot the cd again. The lights on the front of the box says the processor is running but there is nothing on the monitor, it is just idle. The version of knoppix I used was from the KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-07-25-EN.iso image. Any ideas?
Thanks, mike

I have the same computer at work. I had to tell knoppix to use the ATI driver when I last tested it (knoppix xserver=ati). Otherwise, I would get the same black screen you were talking about. If you get that black screen, simply unplug the machine for a few seconds and it should work again.

Scott