Re: [debian-knoppix] Annoying posts from people who can't read an FAQ

Am Sonntag 03 August 2003 22:05 schrieb Gilles Pelletier:
> On August 3, 2003 08:35 am, Christian Perle wrote:

> > I'm ignoring GP's posts for about six months now. He doesn't
> > learn, he contributes nothing, he is just whining. In more
> > recent posts, he even insults the developers. Ignore him.

> Here's at least something we can agree on. The Linux World is
> mostly one of "la pensée unique" (unique thought or thinking,
> whatever). Anarchy is apparently the way to go. The Linux wild
> bunch looks like a barbarian horde going against an organized
> army.

Hmm ... cannot see, what you mean, but thank you for giving a great
example, why Christian ignores you and tells other to do so, too!

I am relative new to this list, but you made my decision easy. Thank you
for that :)

> To me that's no way to go.
Feel free to go other ways. If Linux is not your way, feel free to leave
it. Knoppix is Linux, so part of your way could be an unsubscribe of
this list.

But to keep your description of your first paragraph:
If you have a really strong army against you, it is always wise not to
directly attack. Look into the real world and study it, or - if you are
unable to do these things - simply look "the patriot". Then you see,
that you can beat an army even if you don't have a real army.

That is not an disadvantage - it's an advantage. And because of these
simple facts, linux is a thing, that microsoft fears. And if you
analyze Microsoft, you could find, that they try to get new markets
(e.g. game console or "SAP" like software),

If linux was done by some companies: It would be easy for microsoft to
do, what they have done in the past all the time: Buy them.

(by the way: Is there a real microsoft product? I think, that they
always buy knowledge / existing products and merged them to their new
products ... But maybe I am wrong ... And of course: That is nothing
bad, but simply shows, how good microsoft is!)

> If Kai Lahmann is right, if writing an
> installation script is a huge job, I believe it would be better
> to have some kind of organization to get the job done.
Sorry - I missed the start of the discussion. I read something of
"creating a boot floppy". Hmm ... I had no problem with writing the
boot.img to a disk, but maybe I missed something.

If it is a simple script: Why the hell do you need a company to write
it? What is the magic behind it, that you need, so that it isn't
something, a lonely man couldn't write down?

> If anybody thinks this kind of "suits thinking" is no
> contribution, writing 100 messages to say I'm not contributing is
> absolutely no use because it will never convince me.
Hmm ... you must not be a "programme" to contribute. But you don't like
to understand, so I don't try to tell you things again and again.
Simply read my last answer to you again and try to understand.

> The reason is very simple. As I said, I've contributed to projects
> where developers where listening to people who never wrote and
> probably never will write a line of code, and I personnaly think
> the results are stupendous.
Nobody told you, that you have to use "our" stupendous things. Just go
away and let us foolish people do out foolisch, stupendous things. We
are happy, you will be (i hope so) happy ... That would be great!

Sorry list for this off topic posting. I couldn't resist. I will behave
myself much better in the future and I hope, that I will be of much
more help in the near future.

With kind regards,

Konrad