Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix installed on HD: still not a standard Debian!

Gilles Pelletier wrote:
As I said, I'm not a developper and I can't give nobody the whip. But may I have... impressions? I find not much has changed hd-installation wise since end of october 2002. And that's 9 months!

you can still use the old knx-hdinstall. tha one has not changed much, it still works fine.

Now there's a "hidden feature" (says Klaus in his interview) to mount a partition as /home, but you've got to run your system without a boot floppy, it seems.

persistent home? well thats not a secret there is even a menu entry in the KNOPPIX menu. with or without floppy that does not change anything

I'd luv to be as enthusiastic as Klaus and say nobody I know uses Windows, but here the situation is just the opposite: nobody in my family and close friends use Linux. Maybe I have the wrong friends, you'll say, but check this:

well, then you're not advocating enough - make them use linux ;-)

http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist/zeitgeist-mar03.html

1%... or less of the visits to Google are made with Linux!

consider that such stats are not much worth since many browsers use fake identification strings (that is because many websites/web-"developers" use bad software to run their servers or use bad web design programs, like such that do not follow the W3C standards and recomondations...)

or maybe are linux users just more enlightened and dont need to look up every bit on the internet ;-)

chris