Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix installed on HD: still not a standard Debian!

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 03:26:17PM -0400, Gilles Pelletier wrote:
> I tried to make a boot floppy with mkrescue on a Knoppix HD installation:
> desn't work! So, it seems I'll stay with Slackware for now. Maybe Fabian will
> want to send me an email when version 1.0 of his script is out.
>
> As I said, I'm not a developper and I can't give nobody the whip. But may I
> have... impressions? I find not much has changed hd-installation wise since
> end of october 2002. And that's 9 months! Now there's a "hidden feature"
> (says Klaus in his interview) to mount a partition as /home, but you've got
> to run your system without a boot floppy, it seems.
>
> I'd luv to be as enthusiastic as Klaus and say nobody I know uses Windows, but

Wait... This is what I said? I don't remember it quite so. I DO know
people who use Windows. I think.

> 1%... or less of the visits to Google are made with Linux!

How can you tell? From the browser "user agent" string?

> At least Klaus' efforts have made Slackware easier to install :)

Thanks, at least SOMETHING I did right... ;-)

Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/
Phone +49-(0)631-3109371                        Fax +49-(0)631-3109372
LinuxTag 2003 - Europes largest Linux Expo       Where .com meets .org