[debian-knoppix] No write permission to ~/.ICEauthority

Hi all:

I am a user of knoppix version of Debian.

I have been facing this problem since a send an dpkg -a command (during an apt-get update..).

I can only login in graphic mode as root user. If I log onto "normal" user a get the message
"No write access to /home/user/.ICEauthority".

The other message that comes after it is "Couldn´t start ksmserver. Check your installation".

I´ve realize that .ICEauthority file has root:group permissions (with no write permissions at all). I have changed this
with chmod +w and chown to user:user with no effects.
The system insist to return this file to root:group permissions.
I´ve since tried to delete this file. It returns again with the same features.

Any clues?

I´ve found some posting saying to recover it by a script (sudo chown or chmod) but where must I put it? In startx file?

What causes it?

Best regards...