Re: [debian-knoppix] re: connecting to broadband

Someone said:

 >I have Knoppix downloaded and burnt on a CD.  It works but could not
 >connect to Internet.  I use broadband with dynamic IP.

 >I tried to setup PPP0 with my previous experience on RedHat Linux but
 >could not get it connected.  Maybe there is no place to store the new
 >config.  I read FAQ on the website and there is a description but in
 >German.

I suggest that you confirm that your ethernet card has or hasn't been
seen. Try "ifconfig" and confirm. Then I have had a similar problem with a DHCP server and Knoppix. It was simply that the DNS setting were not set. Edit /etc/resolve.conf to solve that.

Otherwise Knoppix is a great tool for the internet. It will connect DHCP right out of the box.

Thanks Klaus

--
73 de Donn Washburn     __ " http://www.hal-pc.org/~n5xwb "
Ham Callsign N5XWB     / /     __  __  __  __  __ __  __