Re: [debian-knoppix] proxy for apt-get

all you should need to do is set the usual proxies:

export http_proxy=http://proxyserver:port/
export ftp_proxy=ftp://proxyserver:port/

--- stage4@antonius.nl wrote:
> hi,
>
> could somebody help me with a problem i have?>
>
> I want to configure apt-get so that i have a proxy
> in it.
>
> i want to upgrade wine because i want to run Lotus
> Notes under knoppix.
>
> i have installed Lotus Notes and when i start it, it
> hang up
>
> i think it is a problem that i have an older and not
> up to date wine
> version so i want to upgrade wine via apt-get
>
> but how can i configure apt-get so that he
> automatically update wine and
> installs it???
>
> i have heard i must doe this via proxy.
>
> but how????????/
>
> can anybody help me????
>
> Greets, Guus

=====
"I myself believe that King Jesus will reign, and the idols be utterly abolished; but I expect the same power which turned the world upside down once will still continue to do it. The Holy Ghost would never suffer the imputation to rest upon His holy name that He was not able to convert the world."

-Charles Haddon Spurgeon