Re: [debian-knoppix] Advice for using Knoppix on 50 Pentium computers

Hi,

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 01:50:15PM -0400, Scott Patterson wrote:
[ ... ]
> There are three things I'm supposed to provide and what I believe will
> work to achieve that:
> 1. internet access - mozilla, konqueror
> 2. office suite - openoffice
> 3. educational software - ???
>
> The "educational software" is not terribly important, but, kids may be
> using the computers at some time. The main users will be adults looking
> to learn some computer skills; so, internet access and an office suite
> are essential.

You might be interested in Freeduc (
http://www.ofset.org/projects/edusoft/edusoft.html ) a Distro derived
from Knoppix with educational software.

> PS: Is it wise to use the latest version of Knoppix 3.2 (2003-05-20) or
> should I go the official release of version of Knoppix 3.2 (2003-03-30)?
> I guess I'm asking is how do you know what is a stable vs. development
> release?

They are both beta there is no difference is that respect. I would use
2003-05-30 as some bugs where fixed and it has newer software. So far
there are no known big problems with that version.

You may also want to customize knoppix to boot up in spanish, see
http://hydra.hq.linuxtag.net/~kester/knoppix-customize/knoppix-customize/Localize-Knoppix-HOWTO.html
Tell me if you need any help.

Regards, Kester.
--