Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix HD Installation

On May 23, 2003 08:34 am, Shawn McMahon wrote:

> However, I'd recommend you go with Debian.  Knoppix is basically a
> version of Debian optimized for running off a generic CD.  If you
> run it off your hard drive, you will get a whole raft of problems

Really? What kind of problems? I guess, tweakings such as the ones
performed these days to install KDE 3.1.2 don't make things easy for
updating afterwards.

Klaus, Christian, any comments? Anybody has had rough times with a
Knoppix installation?

GP
--
La Masse critique