Re: [debian-knoppix] Open accounting and Open source

On April 28, 2003 06:12 pm, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 05:39:08PM -0400, Gilles Pelletier wrote:
> > Which, unless I'm mistaken, means that knoppix.org and .com do
> > not point to knopper.net . They just borrowed the page. Which
> > means that changes made to knopper.net might not be reflected...
> > AND VICE-VERSA!
> >
> > I just can't believe this. Am I mistaken?
>
> You are probably mistaken. As far as I can see it, they just use
> frames to load the original pages directly from knopper.net. Cheap
> trick. ;-)

Oups!

frame SRC="http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html";

> > knopper.com is the typical web directory.
>
> Probably domaingrabbers. I'm not going to buy it.

Don't you feel a little bit "painted in a corner" with only
knopper.net left to use for Knoppix? Since Knoppix.com and org do not
present a site of their own, I suppose you would have a good case in
asking the registrar to give you back those names.

I suppose it would still be a lot of paperwork, but maybe Bruce Perens
could indicate how to deal with the problem most efficiently.

GP
--
La Masse critique
http://pages.infinit.net/mcrit