Re: [debian-knoppix] autofs config

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 10:02:00PM +0200, Klaus Knopper said:

> This means that you can unvoluntarily initiate a network connection when
> paths under /var/autofs/net/ are accessed, right? I'm not sure if this

Yes; that's the whole point to it.  :-)

> is safe/secure in all cases. What if no portmap is running, would this
> not lead to long timeouts or worse, delay global search with find /
> forever?

Yes, it would.  But you have that problem now with autofs on other
filesystems.  However, you may be right that it'd be worse.  Never mind.

--
Shawn McMahon     | Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
EIV Consulting    | that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any