Re: [debian-knoppix] autofs config

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 01:59:20PM -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> Because then the /var/autofs/net/ filesystem will work after you run
> portmap, with no other steps needed.

This means that you can unvoluntarily initiate a network connection when
paths under /var/autofs/net/ are accessed, right? I'm not sure if this
is safe/secure in all cases. What if no portmap is running, would this
not lead to long timeouts or worse, delay global search with find /
forever?

> > You do a vi /etc/auto.master and save with :w!
> > What other steps do you need?
>
> You don't have to copy the file and kill the link first?  Hell, next
> time I should RTFM.  :-)

:w! takes care of that in vim. Otherwise, you would first copy the file,
yes.

--
Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/