Re: [debian-knoppix] hd-install: kppp & eth0 / usb card reader

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 04:35:01PM +0200, Christian Perle wrote:
> > 2. When connecting my usb card reader to my system usb-storage is loaded,
> > but only one scsi device is shown - when doing the same from cd all
> > usb card reader slots are shown as scsi device and are fully accessible.
>
> This is a SCSI multi LUN issue. As far as I know, the Knoppix kernel
> has no support for multiple LUNs since release 3.1. Or has this changed
> recently?

The Linux kernel ALWAYS has multilun support, there is no option to switch
that off. However, you can enable or disable the SCANNING of all luns at
startup of a device/controller. Because many cd-roms (also via the SCSI
emulation) respond to every LUN ID, this option is switched off in
Knoppix to avoid up to 7 icons for a single CD-Rom.

But /sbin/hotplug-knoppix scans all LUNs automatically on
insertion of a new USB storage device, in order to find media in
multislot card readers for example. That feature is not available after
turning Knoppix back into a normal Debian system with knx-hdinstall, of
course.

-Klaus