[debian-knoppix] Keyboard problem with Toshiba TE2100

First up, Knoppix is superb, its the best linux distribution I've ever used and the live CD is even more icing on the cake. Mulcho kudos to Klaus and all involved, its a quality piece of engineering.

I have a Toshiba TE2100 laptop (1.7G P4M, 512 MB) and the only problem I have is some spurious key repetition in X. Under a normal text terminal (ie ctrl-alt-F2) it works fine but when using any window manager (seems to be worse in KDE but that may be my imagination) keys repeat for no particular reason. The result is double letters etc. It happens randomly but averages about once every 10 key presses, more when touch typing fast. It happens with any key (arrows and backspace included) and turning off key repetition in the control panel does not help. I have had redhat 7.3 on the same laptop and didn't have the problem.

Has anyone had any experience with this or can suggest a fix? Are there any log files I should consult to track down the problem?

Thanks,
Daniel