Re: [debian-knoppix] Font settings for Konsole?

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 05:44:27PM +0200, Conrad Newton wrote:
> >From Klaus Knopper on Sunday, 2003-03-23 at 13:39:32 +0100:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This time just a KDE question: How does one set the font for the
> > "Medium" size setting in konsole? If I select this size in
> > konsole from KDE 3.1.1/unstable, I get a very ugly looking typewriter
> > font, about 13pt Courier-pixel-scaled. Unfortunately, there seems to be
> > no easy way to tell konsole which font family to use. I would like to
> > set Lucidatypewriter for all font sizes, but can't figure out how to do
> > this, independently from the KDE control center.
> >
> > Any ideas? The problem only exists for the "Medium" size font setting in
> > konsole, the other font sizes are OK.
>
> Did you ever solve this problem?  I am working on a new version of
> NordisKnoppix, and I had the exact same problem in the Lithuanian
> konsole.  Medium was ugly, if it rendered at all, but larger larger
> fonts were just fine.  It would be great if you knew a fix.

Just remove xfonts-intl-japanese.

Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/
Phone +49-(0)631-3109371                        Fax +49-(0)631-3109372
LinuxTag 2003 - Europes largest Linux Expo       Where .com meets .org