[debian-knoppix] Re: XFS and installing v3.2

 I also experienced some problems that I have read on the list
 regarding using xfs filesystem.

 (a) some comments about kernel panic when booting after a
 successful knx-hdinstall..  I'm pretty sure that is related to
 not including a initrd.gz in the boot loader.  I'm using grub
 and not lilo, but I needed the "initrd /initrd.gz" in my grub.conf.

 (b) I tried many times the runlevel 1 to install on xfs filesystem..
 but that still didn't help me.  I actually manually tried to install and
 got the same problems.  (boot with knoppix, make xfs, mount, cp /KNOPPIX/)
 and still locked up.  What did work was cp -a /KNOPPIX/* to a intermediate
 ext2 mount and then installing from there instead of CD-ROM.
 (not sure why.. I tried with and w/o dma)

 -Jason