Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix mastering performance

    > Hi all, I'm interestet in (re)mastering Knoppix in a short time.
    > Anybody has experience in mastering-performance on a
    > dualprocessor machine?  Does the performance increase
    > significant?  Or how is it possible to speed up the mastering
    > process?  Knoppix "remasterers": How long does the mastering
    > process take on your (please specify CPU, RAM, ...)  machine?
    > Thanks for sharing your experience!  Markus

Here are my measurements

# time to generate the new ISO image: 16 minutes on following computer:
# AMD Athlon(TM) XP1600+, 1.5GB RAM, one IDE and one SCSI disk, all with ext3 filesystems
# most write operations are made on the SCSI disk

This includes everything in the mkmyknoppix script without reading the
original CD and without burning the new ISO image.
--
Gruss Thomas