[debian-knoppix] ReMastering Knoppix <--> Metadistros

 Hi,

 First of all sorry for breaking the thread, but I have just
 subscribed.

 I think that there are a lot of people currently moving around the same
 ideas. Making custom and live distributions based on Debian, and I
 think that all this work and brain power should be coordinated to be
 able to achive the goal.

 In Spain, a group of people from Hispalinux association has been
 working on a similar thing called metadistros. I encourage you all to
 read the whitepaper[1], how the loader has been designed [2] and the
 scripts code [3]. They have made a great work on this, and we're trying
 to push it and at the same time look for ways of integrating as much as
 possible into Debian itself. Although great parts of the project are in
 Spanish, we're working on translations and we have created an English
 mailing list [4]

 Also there are other people working on a similar concept. They call the
 project Morphix [5]

 Cheers,

 [1] http://metadistros.hispalinux.es/archives/whitepaper.pdf
 [2] http://metadistros.hispalinux.es/cargador.en.html