Re: [debian-knoppix] remastering knoppix ISO

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 10:21:01AM -0600, Kevin wrote:
> Let me get this straight: will I be able to boot into knoppix and customize the software and install flash and use the script at
> http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/ls_juenger/people/lange//software/mkmyknoppix to reburn the ISO, simple as that?  I am a linux
> newbie, so I guess I have to learn how to make my harddrive (which has windows XP) accessable to Linux for temp file storage, for it
> to work, right?

well you need a functioning unix-like system to be able to run the script,
and yes, you need the diskspace too.  i haven't messed around with this
script, but i'd guess you need the .iso image on your hard drive in
order to remaster it.  if your xp box is not set up to use ntfs (i.e. vfat),
then i say give it a shot remastering it from inside knoppix.  that'd
be really cool if it worked.

if your windows is installed on top of ntfs though, that's a different
story, because ntfs write support is still considered pretty experimental...

hth
	sean