Re: [debian-knoppix] my own knoppix

hy krzysztof,

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 07:39:58PM +0100, Krzysztof Kajkowski wrote:
> I intend to do my own customized Knoppix-based distro. It will have some
> new servers, scripts and other software I write. Could you tell me where
> should I start reading about getting it together, where can I find some
> usefull tools, web pages etc?

there are currently some other projects in the works doing something
like you mentioned.  right now, i'm working with a small handful of
other folks attempting to put together a package to bootstrap
knoppix packages into an ISO (as well as fully debianize them and
get them uploaded into the distro), which we then hope to incorporate with
the work of the hispalinux metadistros project, which can be used to
bootstrap the rest of a debian system, as well as create the bootable
iso image.

also, if you already have the knoppix iso and simply want to remaster it,
thomas lange has been working on a script that i hear has much promise
as well:

http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/~lange/software/mkmyknoppix

regards,
	sean