Re: [debian-knoppix] Mozilla works, but Netscape wont?
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [debian-knoppix] Mozilla works, but Netscape wont?
- From: email@example.com (Conrad Newton)
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:01:41 +0100
- Message-id: <20030312160141.GA15858@siisu.kleppe.newton>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
>From firstname.lastname@example.org on Wednesday, 2003-03-12 at 14:25:19 +0100:
> Hi all,
> i tried the Harddisk Installation of the Ct Knoppix Version, followed
> their Tips and Tricks, to solve some issues with the knoppix user being
> present all over the systemfiles,
> now i installed a netscape version from the Compuserve CDROM, but get a
> error message that a library is missing or not working well
> now why is Mozilla running and Netscape 4.79 not ? Are they not both
> based on the same Engine ?
Netscape will work if you tell it where to find the library
it needs. Although /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 does
not exist on your system, you have something just as good:
So to solve your problem, make a soft link from the older
version of the library to the newer, like this (as root)
cd /usr/lib && ln -s libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2
Then netscape should work as expected.
debian-knoppix mailing list