[debian-knoppix] HD install - laptop restart problem

Hello!

I must start saying i'm a complete newbie at Linux, in fact
I'm rather a Win fan...till I found out about Knoppix...i
tried it and decided to keep it on my HDD. Being newbie at
linux i decided to keep WinXP also. I HDD installed Knoppix on
a partion(6.5G -hda3), having installed winXP on other
partion(8.5G-hda1). The swap is on hda2. Everything went
smooth and both systems work fine. Now comes my problem!

I use a laptop (Toshiba Satellite 1800-314) and my problem is
when trying to restart/reboot the system from knoppix. The
system shows me that it goes down, then appear "system is now
rebooting" ...then everything goes black and so it remains
till I manually power off the system and reopen it from the
power switch. When I restart from Windows it goes fine but
from knopix it just doesn't want to restart. Using the same
software configuration i tried to install knoppinx on my
desktop PC and there is no problem into restarting the
system(but on that HDD is not at all windows installed...only
knoppix)... Do you have any ideea?

Thank you very much!

----

Home, no matter how far...