Re: [debian-knoppix] Official release.

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 19:09:30 +0100
Valentijn Sessink <valentyn+knoppix@nospam.openoffice.nl> wrote:

> Is there a Gnome-2.2 Knoppix-list? Who is running the project? My
> Gnome 2.2 Knoppix is working (gnome-core and evolution, that is; not
> the whole gnome package). I have an installscript (interactive for
> now, needs some tuning and housekeeping).

We finally have completed gnoppix.org. There are still some parts
missing but it won't change too much in the future.
First we need some translators who are willing to translate the page
into english and other languages.
Unless we don't have a server for development we won't create an
official gnoppix Mailinglist (currently we have an internal one).

> Knoppix should probably separate the hardware detection part from the
> software configuration part more thoroughly, so that you could install
> a sort of knoppix-bare (only Linux with drivers), knoppix-base (Linux,
> drivers, X) and knoppix-$favouritesoftware that does the other stuff.
> Now it's a grand scheme that does all the work: detect hardware, setup
> keyboard, mouse, X, software, etc etc.

We are going to address these issues in GNOPPIX. A guy from our team's
already working on it and we'll certainly share it with KNOPPIX if Klaus
is interested in it.

Greetings,
Christian