Re: [debian-knoppix] Official release.

At Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 06:32:28PM +0100, ROSSEL Olivier wrote:
> Well, as I read archives of this list, it seems that we will
> probably see a split of Knoppix between one version with KDE 3.1
> and one with Gnome 2.2, but not both.

Is there a Gnome-2.2 Knoppix-list? Who is running the project? My Gnome 2.2
Knoppix is working (gnome-core and evolution, that is; not the whole gnome
package). I have an installscript (interactive for now, needs some tuning
and housekeeping).

> (I may have misunderstood, it seems that Knoppix and Gnoppix
> will coexist pacifically. Am I wrong?)

Knoppix should probably separate the hardware detection part from the
software configuration part more thoroughly, so that you could install a
sort of knoppix-bare (only Linux with drivers), knoppix-base (Linux,
drivers, X) and knoppix-$favouritesoftware that does the other stuff. Now
it's a grand scheme that does all the work: detect hardware, setup keyboard,
mouse, X, software, etc etc.

/etc/knoppix/knoppix.d/ could come in handy some day. But that's all for the
nice and clean stuff - Knoppix just works, that's important.

> This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
[etc]

This e-mail puts you on notice that I will not be bound by your
confidentiality notice and will feel free to review, disclose, distribute,
archive, laugh at, be amused by, poke fun publicly at, and/or publish
anything I get in e-mail, either directly or indirectly, and whether
intended for me or not, without any further notice.  If you don't feel
comfortable with that, I suggest that you not e-mail, or at least, that you
use strong digital encryption to ensure that your e-mail can't be read by
other than its intended recipient.  There are many such systems, including
such things as PGP, Lotus Notes, S/Mime and many other systems.

V.
--
http://www.openoffice.nl/   Open Office - Linux Office Solutions
Valentijn Sessink  valentyn+sessink@nospam.openoffice.nl