Re: [debian-knoppix] ADSL Modem ECI and dabusb module

#include <hallo.h>
* DEMONCHY David [Sat, Mar 01 2003, 08:37:12PM]:
> (sorry for my english level)

It is a bilingual list, so don't worry.

> hello, i am in the staff for knoppixfr,
> i code some script for ADSL connection.

I am the author of pppoeconf and always look for feasible extensions.
Your driver is fine and I think it can be an official Debian package,
but there are few issues that should be cleared:

 - license of the *.bin files. They should at least have a license from
   their original vendor saying that they can be threated as editable
   data objects under the GPL, including free distribution etc. (this is
   the maximum level on non-freeness that we can afford in Debian, IMNSHO)

 - decission whether you wish to keep your configuration scripts or be
   integrated into existing ppp configuration utilities on Debian
   (pppconfig for "advanced" setup, pppoeconf for almost-auto-detected
   setup). It is a pity that you reinvented the wheel, IMHO, but your
   config scripts look nice and could be used too, although I prefer to
   keep ours since they can easily switch to GUI mode by replacing
   dialog with gdialog.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Es waere der erste Spam mit interessantem Inhalt, der mir begegnet ...
		-- Martin Bienwald auf der kif-l