Re: Removing GNOMEas boot option (was: Re: [debian-knoppix] Gnome 2.2 is realised)

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 03:30:35PM +0100, Valentijn Sessink wrote:
> I guess your Gnome setup has always been second to the KDE setup. So yes, at
> the moment it doesn't work and you might remove it. However, it might be
> quite easy to build a working configuration, I'll look into it ASAP. It's
> probably just copying the right cache- or config-file in /etc/skel and Gnome
> will work. I might have this figured out by monday.

Monday is too late for the CeBit release candidate, unfortunately.
But maybe Ok for a later version. But please, try to reuse the packages
that are installed, and don't add new things like nautilus or metacity.
There is simply not enough space for additional packages, only for
replacements.

> Once I fix this I'll tell you so. I might even get you a working Knoppix
> background in Gnome, how about that? ;-)

That would be cool.

> Oh, btw: I think there's a spurious /usr/local/lib/knoppix.gif, as the KDE
> background seems to come from /cdrom/KNOPPIX/background.gif. Not sure, but
> almost.

The xsession script looks for a background picture on CD first, and if
none is found, it will use the one in /usr/local.

Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/
Phone +49-(0)631-3109371                        Fax +49-(0)631-3109372
LinuxTag 2003 - Europes largest Linux Expo       Where .com meets .org