[debian-knoppix] Re: knx-hdinstall & USB Pendrives problems

Hi Florent,

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 13:41:34 +0100, Florent BERANGER wrote:

> I have an USB Pendrive and it works fine with Knoppix on the CD.
> I've just tested knx-hdinstall with an USB Pendrive connected to the
> computer and I have noted some problems :
> - a LILO entry is added for /dev/sda1 (the USB Pendrive) ->cause LILO don't
> start :(

This is a genliloconf issue, knx-hdinstall does not generate
/etc/lilo.conf anymore. I am not the author of this tool, please
mail to Eduard Bloch.

> but when I plug the USB
> Pendrive (when the system is started), the system hangs after 5 seconds.

This also happened when I had a chance to try out a borrowed USB memory
stick. But it also happened when booting Knoppix from CD. I had not
enough time to test it thoroughly.

@Klaus: Do you have any Knoppix-specific handling of usb-storage
compliant devices (other than creating KDE icons and fstab entries)?

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                   perle@itm.tu-clausthal.de