Re: [debian-knoppix] prepare KDE 3.1 integration in Knoppix

On Saturday 14 December 2002 9:17 am, Florent BERANGER wrote:

> KDE 3.1 will be here very soon, with a lot of improvments, new features, a
> new design (with very nice icons ;),...
> The packages size of KDE 3.1 will be bigger than actual so we'll have to
> change Knoppix software configuration.
> Can we discuss about that in order to prepare the best KDE 3.1 integration
> in Knoppix?

I am interesting in preparing a version of Knoppix for distribution to public
libraries in the U.S.  The intent is for general KDE promotion and I would
like to use KDE 3.1.

I read the remastering HOWTO's at
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixRemasteringHowto
and
http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080/~sunil/knoppix.php.

Am I wrong, or would this be pretty simple?  Just delete a ton of packages,
install kde3.1, make whatever other tweaks I want, then remaster the CD.

Mark