Re: [debian-knoppix] Howcome 700MiB images fail but 682MiB images succeed?

#include <hallo.h>
* Tom Goulet (UID0) [Sat, Jan 25 2003, 11:41:14PM]:

> successfully burnt some of those other images on another CD burner.)  I
> have an HP CD-Writer 7500 plus.  When I try to access the burnt CD with
> any CD-ROM drive, the drive will spin a long time and then Linux will
> report "No medium".

HP does not produce writers. IIRC, the 75* series were relabeled
Phillips CDD-*600 series. Yes, those devices known for sudden deaths and
billions of coasters, especially on new, large media. My CDD-2600 was
not ready for 700MB media, iirc. And it was a piece of shit, for the
costs of all that coasters, I should have bought another writer
immediately.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Ansonsten bekommt vermutlich nur Oli irgendwelche Rückmeldungen
von ID-Pro-Seite.  Warum das so ist, weiß ich nicht.  Er