Re: [debian-knoppix] Adding more security tools?

shawnmer wrote:
Good point. And Knoppix already has several excellent security tools (Nessus, Snort, Ettercap, etc.). However, the majority of tools I have in mind are *small* command-line security tools for custom packet generation (dnet), IP stack/application stress testing (isic), and other specialized tools (irpas). Oh, and mall meaning a couple of hundred bytes at most. As others have noted, Knoppix is mature and quite tweakable. I do wonder if folks are sharing these custom images? Is there an interest in this kind of exchange?

If those tools are small, why not put them on the CD yourself.
You don't need to remaster the KNOPPIX file.
You can make some place in the iso by removing documentation and putting a small .tgz or a small file system image. Then you can make knoppix.sh file to actually place those tools at the right place, ready to be execute.

Actually it could be possible to reuse trinux package and make a knoppix.sh that just scan for such package and install them.

David GLAUDE

PS: Keep us up to date on your result.