[debian-knoppix] Build Question

A question I've often seen people asking is why their
remastered knoppix cd's run slower than knoppix.
People usually respond saying that Klaus uses a
special ordering of the files in the KNOPPIX cloop
file.  When people ask how to generate the sort file,
I've never seen a response.  Am I just missing
something? If so, where is the answer.  If not, is
there a reason that Klaus won't tell us how he does it?