Re: [debian-knoppix] Changing stuff

Hi Aryan,

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 17:29:13 +0330, Aryan Ameri wrote:

> And the second is, how shall I change KNOPPIX's splash screen? I am not
> talking about the background picture, but the one which pops up first, when
> the computer is booted from CD.

The file logo.16 is located on the boot floppy image (/KNOPPIX/boot.img)
on the Knoppix CD. The file format is lss, a special format readable by
the Syslinux bootloader. Two conversion tools (lss16toppm, ppmtolss16)
exist on the CD to convert from/to the more popular ppm format. Note that
the image can have only 16 different colors and has to be 640x480 or
smaller. The lss format is compressed (runlength encoded).

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                   perle@itm.tu-clausthal.de