Re: [debian-knoppix] autodetection as a deb package?

Hi Benjamin,

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 23:38:46 +0200, Henrion Benjamin wrote:

> I've tested my knoppix cd on several machines, and the autodetection
> works quite well.
>
> Is this software packaged for debian? Or is it only available with
> Knoppix?

It is packaged. You can even extract the package(s) from a running Knoppix
system:

dpkg-repack hwsetup
dpkg-repack hwdata-knoppix

> In which format is the big Knoppix file ont he CD? Is it possible to
> mount it in loopback?

Just grab the sources for the cloop kernel module and compile and
install it on your "normal" Linux system. Then mount the Knoppix CD and
do the following steps:

insmod cloop file=/cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/cloop /mountpoint

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                   perle@itm.tu-clausthal.de