Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix-CD auf Festplatte

Hi Joerg,

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 10:35:52 +0200, Jörg Freitag wrote:

> Thank you, thats want I want: no changes only CD on HD.

No problem, I've done that on a friend's notebook.

> Questions befor I begin:
> Which filesystem shall I use for the 720MB partition?

Any filesystem that can be mounted read only by the Knoppix boot
kernel, such as ext2, vfat, msdos (in no particular order).

> If I use the full HD (800MB) for the partition, can I use the rest for other
> data?

You can put any files on the partition as long as there is enough space
for the KNOPPIX directory containing the KNOPPIX compressed iso9660
image. However, the partitions is mounted read-only so if you want to
store files on it you have to remount read-write after booting Knoppix.
I would suggest using an ext2 filesystem for the partition.

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                   perle@itm.tu-clausthal.de