Re: [Debian-knoppix] Unreadable Colors on Toshiba Satellite 4090XCDT

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 09:58:42PM +0100, mz@bacher.at wrote:
> The Notebook sports an Trident Cyber 9525 chip and under WinNT4 it runs ok
> utilizing a 16bit colorspace.

Could it be that the vesa framebuffer support is broken for this
chipset? If so, adding vga=normal as knoppix boot option would
repair at least textmode.

> Cheating at boottime with "depth=16" bring's no effect

16bit is default for Knoppix. Try depth=24 (but I doubt that Toshiba
laptops support that).

> (xmodule=vesa of course; any allready tested Toshiba needs that here).

Try xmodule=fbdev. This is reported to work on at least ONE Toshiba
notebook. Of course this only works if you did NOT boot with vga=normal.

Maybe loading the Toshiba kernel module does something, too, though it is
primarily for APM support, AFAIK.

Regards
		-Klaus
--
Klaus Knopper                  LinuxTag 2002 - Europes largest Linux Expo
Technical Solutions                                 Where .com meets .org