Re: [debian-knoppix] New create_compressed_fs utility

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 03:33:31PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Valentijn Sessink [Thu, Dec 19 2002, 02:37:32PM]:
>
> > Usage: ./compressloop [options] infile outfile
> >         -b blocksize            set block size (multiple of 512 bytes)
> >         -c compression          set compression (0-9, 0 is fastest, 9 is best)
> >         -i imagesize            set image size if it cannot be determined
>
> Well, which image? Input? Output?

Logic: input, because you cannot predict in advance how big the output
image is supposed to be, right? Kausale Zusammenhänge. ;-)

But the help should probably really say "size of input data" instead of
"image size". cloop-compressed files can also be TAR-files or anything
else apart from ISO or filesystem images in general.

> One note: please link dynamicaly (-lz instead of .../libz.a). Except of
> the mentioned glitches - good work.

Uhm, well... I must admit that I prefer static linking in some cases
when the lib is only used for a single application, but in this case,
libz should be present on all systems, so dynamic linking would
probably be better here. Anyways, I would merge it with the Makefile of
cloop later.

Regards
-Klaus
--
Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/