[debian-knoppix] Disappearing /dev/tty2, /dev/tty6, /dev/sda

Still no clue why these disappeared on me. The box ran cpuburn for 20
minutes without a problem. Haven't run memtest86 yet since I'm not at the
location, but memtester didn't find any errors in the part of memory it can
handle over 6 runs through its routines (several hours of testing).

I don't have a clear vision of what would even have the power to remove
/dev/sda. It looks like the low-numbered tty devices are recreated each time
at boot, but the sda's should just be there, right? Is there some specific
kernel 'feature' I should recompile without.

Whit