Re: [debian-knoppix] Try to emulate CD with HD...

Am Mittwoch, 20. November 2002 17:14 schrieb Ernesto Domato:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Does someone knows how to emulate the CD booting process using a HD?.
>
> What I'm trying to do is to build all the CD on a HD and be able to test
> it before burning it. The idea that comes to my mind right now is that I
> could create the compressed image and then make the floppies with
> syslinux that finally mount the compressed image from the HD, if all
> this works fine (the floppies and the compressed image), in that stage I
> should burn the CD with the compressed image on it and using the images
> of the floppies "syslinux" boot process, changed to mount the compressed
> image from the CD, as the boot process of the CD.

You don't need to emulate this ...

The Boot-Disk will try to find the knoppix-compressed-fs on all harddisks ...

Just make sure you have the whole KNOPIX folder copied to the root of your hd

/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

There you can place the new compressed-fs ...

cu

Fabian