Re: [debian-knoppix] Booting from etherboot?

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 08:42:20PM +0200, Atenea wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 1.- Can Knoppix boot via etherboot from terminal services? If so, what
> change in settings?

No, currently you need a PXE capable network card. There may be the
possibility to emulate PXE using a special GRUB floppy disk that
contains some card-specific drivers. Someone sent me an example
recently, but I had no time to try it yet. :-(

> 2.- Vnc-server show errors related with fonts-servers. What about that?

You have to start the VNC server, like any other X-Server, with a valid
configuration file or via the wrapper script.

If you know all the options, you still can specify most things manually.

Regards
-Klaus Knopper