[debian-knoppix] Compressed filesystem

I'm sorry, my German isn't very good so I have to
write this in English.  I am building a system similar
to Knoppix.  Is there any reason you used isofs for
the compressed image?  With my 300 mb uncompressed
iso, I save about 1.5% by converting it to romfs and
then compressing compared to a compressed iso.  This
extra space could help on larger images.  Also, is
there any advantage to using cloop over using zisofs?
Thanks for your help.