[debian-knoppix] Customizing Knoppix.

There was a thread a few days ago about customizing Knoppix.

I had not enough RAM to make it. I will try with a swap file.
What's the required RAM for such a task (:generating the KNOPPIX
compressed iso)?

In the process, it is said to copy files directly from the current / into
the knx_root
directory. Then to chroot it. Make the apt-get XXX... Then to leave the
chroot and create the iso.
I think Klaud told me a long time ago that he had scrpits that had to be run
in order to clean /var
before creating the iso. Anyone can confirm?