Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix for presentations that run automatically?

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 07:05:51PM +0200, Andreas Fuchs wrote:
> Hi,
> I just got a nice idea for knoppix (IMHO (-:): I would like to use a
> knoppix CD that can be burned - together with a presentation (say, advi,
> mgp or html - advi is not in the knoppix distribution yet, AFAIK) - and
> have the presenation start automatically after the boot process.
>
> The only things that are missing in knoppix to support this (AFAICT) are
> a script to automatically run the presentation (easy), advi (easy, IIRC)
> and the ability to specify a presentation to run after boot time when
> building the CD (don't know how hard that is - are there tools to
> automatically build a knoppix CD? Haven't seen them on the web site).

Actually, this should be pretty easy. Just copy an autostart.desktop
file to /etc/skel/.kde/Autostart in knoppix.sh (you can put this script
and the startup file to the KNOPPIX directory on CD to have it start
automatically during knoppix-autoconfig).

Regards
-Klaus
--
Klaus Knopper                  LinuxTag 2002 - Europes largest Linux Expo
Technical Solutions                                 Where .com meets .org