Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: debian-knoppix digest, Vol 1 #13 - 8 msgs

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 01:35:59PM +0100, Roberto Di Cosmo wrote:
> May I suggest that you try to use TinyX (kdrive)
> as the default X server in Knoppix? This is the

Interesting, I never heared of this X-Server before. Does it
also support the accelleration engines of XFree 4.x, TrueType and Type1
(Postscript) fonts? Some programs like OpenOffice and Gimp can handle
TrueType fonts, if the X-Server provides them. KDE of course, too.

> choice we made for DemoLinux, and thanks to
> the great work of Keith Packard and Juliusz Chroboczeck,
> it now allows to have unaccelerated X servers on
> anything from a CGA card to the most recent video
> cards.

Maybe this would be a good fallback, in case the accellerated X-Servers
won't start? Does anybody have experience with this X-Server, and is
there a debian package for it?

-Klaus
--
Klaus Knopper                  LinuxTag 2002 - Europes largest Linux Expo
Technical Solutions                                 Where .com meets .org