Read-tuning

Hi!

Anybody knows of a way to trace and log open()-calls to a logfile from
the kernel?

I would like to read-optimize the CD by finding out in which sequence
files are opened, from the insertion of the CD until the ready-to-use
KDE desktop. The idea is to readuce head movement by putting
consecutively pened files straight behind each other. I would need the
list of opened/read files in the correct order to accomplish this.
mkisofs accepts a list of files with priorities, the question is how to
create this list.

Ideas? I don't think strace would work well for this (too much output
and no good place where to start from).

Regards
		-Klaus
--
Klaus Knopper                  LinuxTag 2002 - Europes largest Linux Expo
Technical Solutions                                 Where .com meets .org