Re: Contacting Debian Kernel team

On Monday, 20 May 2024 12:41:48 CEST Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > - Can I do anything for you?
>
> My top priority would be more computing resources for Salsa, and
> particularly for CI runners.

+1

That was the first thing that came to my mind too, but it felt out of place for
me to suggest that. I've less problems giving a '+1' on a suggestion from
someone like Ben.

On Friday, 12 April 2024 17:32:04 CEST Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> The VM this all runs on has 8 cores and 32g

I had several thoughts about that:
- The PC on which I'm typing this email has twice the resources
- It's impressive that the whole of Salsa can run on that
- But why doesn't have f.e. 4x or 8x those resources?

I think Salsa is great and I'm a big fan of CI.
But IMO Salsa isn't exactly fast and particularly running the CI pipelines
takes (way) longer then I'd like. The major value of a CI is in providing a
fast feedback loop.
Not hindered by any knowledge in this specific area, this seems an area where
throwing money at it will actually help. Possibly substantially.

Cheers,
  Diederik