Contacting Debian Kernel team

Hi,

I'd like to officially contact all our teams to learn about potential
issues that might affect your work.  I would love to learn how you
organise / share your workload.  If you do some regular meetings - be it
on IRC, video conference or whatever I'm interested in joining one of
your next meetings.

Like previous DPLs, I'm open to any inquiries or requests for
assistance. I personally prefer public discussion whenever possible, as
they can benefit a wider audience. You can find a list of contact
options at the bottom of my page on people.d.o[1].

I prefer being offline when I'm away from my keyboard, so I don't carry
a phone. In urgent situations, I can provide the number of my dumb
phone, though it may not always be within reach. Feel free to ping me
via email if I don't respond promptly to ensure I address your concerns.

Please let me know whether I can do something for you.  I'm fine joining
your IRC channel if needed but please invite me in case I should be
informed about some urgent discussion there since I normally do not lurk
on this channel.

I'd also like to inform you that I've registered a BoF for DebConf24 in
Busan with the following description:

  This BoF is an attempt to gather as much as possible teams inside
  Debian to exchange experiences, discuss workflows inside teams, share
  their ways to attract newcomers etc.

  Each participant team should prepare a short description of their work
  and what team roles (“openings”) they have for new contributors. Even
  for delegated teams (membership is less fluid), it would be good to
  present the team, explain what it takes to be a team member, and what
  steps people usually go to end up being invited to participate. Some
  other teams can easily absorb contributions from salsa MRs, and at some
  point people get commit access. Anyway, the point is that we work on the
  idea that the pathway to become a team member becomes more clear from an
  outsider point-of-view.

I'm sure not everybody will be able to travel this distance but it would
be great if you would at least consider joining that BoF remotely.  I'll
care for a somehow TimeZone aware scheduling - if needed we'll organise
two BoFs to match all time zones.  I'm also aware that we have pretty
different teams and it might make sense to do some infrastructure
related BoF with your team and other teams that are caring for Debian
infrastructure.

I have some specific questions to the Debian Kernel team.

  - Do you feel good when doing your work in Kernel team?
  - Team metrics currently shows two current contributors
    (Ben and Salvatore).  Do you consider the workload well
    shared in your team?
  - Do you have some strategy to gather new contributors for
    your team?
  - Can I do anything for you?

Kind regards and thanks a lot for your work
   Andreas.

[1] https://people.debian.org/~tille/

--
https://fam-tille.de