OCFS2 and GFS2 in -cloud kernel images

Hi,

I understand the cloud images are supposed to be stripped down images with only the bare essentials for cloud operation.

However I think it's quite unfortunate that the OCFS2 and GFS2 modules are also disabled compared to the regular kernel config since I would argue those are _especially_ useful in a cloud environment.

For example, OpenStack offers multiattach images that require a shared-disk file system like these. I think Amazon AWS added a similar feature recently too.

Is there any chance these could be re-enabled for the cloud images, or is the official advice to just switch to the regular images where those are needed?

Cheers,
Lukas

p.s.: Not subscribed to the list, appreciate CC on replies