gcc version used for stable kernels

14:43  IDS> Live USB says 'Linux version 4.19.0-5-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 8.3.0 (Debian 8.3.0-7)) #1 SMP Debian 4.19.37-5 (2019-06-19)'
14:45  IDS> Install says 'Linux version 4.19.0-5-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 8.3.0 (Debian 8.3.0-6)) #1 SMP Debian 4.19.37-5 (2019-08-08)'
14:50  IDS> Install shouldn't be older than Live, no?

This is a conversation piece from #debian on OFTC just now.. and we're a bit curious.

Obviously this user doesn't observe the DATE of these two strings, but that aside..

What I realize is that all my sources say Buster and Bullseye have gcc 8.3.0-1 yet these say they were built by 8.3.0-6 and 8.3.0-7 respectively.. its a little curious to say the least.

I was just wondering if any of the kernel maintainers could shed a little light on the build process and why our live media and the stuff it installs would be different in any way at all, and why the kernel reports it was built by versions of gcc that don't appear to be in Debian.

Thanks!