Re: Debian kernel contributions

> Du schriebst in gmane.linux.debian.devel.kernel:
>> Hello,
>>
>> My name is Romain, I am an upstream linux contributor and I would like
>> to contribute on downstream projects like Debian. In my free time, I
>> love hacking (and beer too! but that's another business :p) . I would
>> want to focus on kernel development and perhaps a bit of kernel
>> packaging too.
>>
>> I have discussed with Vincent Bernat on IRC, he redirected me to this
>> ML. I am also on IRC (with the nick "rpr"), I am only connected to
>> #debian-kernel for now.
>>
>> I would glad to help, what would you recommend ?
>
> We have a huge backlog of open, old bug reports. One good way to
> get familiar with Debian maintenance is to go through old bugs,
> ping the reporters if those are still current (or even reproducible)
> and close useless reports.
>
> Eventually you'll find some bugs which are still unfixed in current
> kernels, so they could be forwarded to the attention of the relevant
> subsystem maintainers.
>
> You might also run into bugs fixed upstream which are not fixed in
> our stable release. If the patches fixing these bugs are abiding
> the stable kernel guidelines, consider forwarding them to stable@.
>
> If you notice any bugs suggesting changes to the kernel configs
> or if you see anything worth changing in our packaging, consider
> create a pull request on salsa.debian.org.
>
> Cheers,
>         Moritz

Hello,

Okay, I will get familiar with Debian by browsing BTS and help to do
some triaging.
If I find interesting patches attached to a bug, or interesting
upstream patch, security patch or change to do in the package,
I will propose a merge request on Salsa. I will also ping the
reporters, according to the status of the bug.

Thanks for your feedback,
Regards,
Romain